Mike
He's all graduated! :D Now he's got a Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering from BYU, and is applying for various grad schools (BYU, CU Boulder, USU, and Cal Tech). At the beginning of the summer, he got a job working for the Heber Valley Railroad and he works there all the live long day. He loves being on the train though, and helping out and getting to know a whole slew of people from all over the world. His Portuguese skills have come in handy a couple of times! He's been working on one of his train sets, and is currently building a model of Mt. Timpanogos out of paper mache. He loves it.
Me
I have been "suffering" through Spring and Summer term, and I just have ONE MORE SEMESTER before I graduate in December! I CAN SEE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL AND IT'S MOCKING ME. I made Merida's dress (from the movie "Brave") and went to go see that opening day with my friends. I've gotten back into role-playing games and video games (it's still summer. I need my sanity to get me through classes), and it's been a blast. This summer, I'm taking a class called The Philosophy and Sociology of Rock and Roll, and it's the best class EVER. A few weeks ago, I had a photoshoot with my awesome friend/old roommate Nena, and THAT was SO MUCH FUN.
Us
In March, Mike came with me and a bunch of my friends to Fannatiku Fest, a small anime convention in St. George. It was his first con, and his first time cosplaying, and we both had fun! At the end of May, we took 2 days to drive out to Colorado to go to my brother's graduation. We camped overnight in the mountains and it was beautiful! While we were there, we went on the Royal Gorge Railroad with my grandparents and DJ, and we had a ton of fun! A few days after than, we celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary! We haven't traveled after that (because of school for me and work for Mike), but my family's moved to Lehi, and we've been spending some fun times with them. We're planning on going to Anime Banzai in October (an anime convention in Layton, UT), and we're very excited to be able to cosplay together again!
At Fannatiku Fest in March. We really did have fun, I promise. XD
Camping in the mountains near (ish) Glenwood Springs in May. Mike wanted to have hot chocolate in the mountains, so we did.
Us with DJ at his graduation in May.
There's a fly-bug-type-thing in this room and IT WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE.
Sounds like you've had fun... especially with the role-playing, right? ;)
ReplyDeleteSO MUCH. SO VERY MUCH.
Delete