Friday, August 3, 2012

The characters in my brain are trying to take over and sometimes they succeed

As many of you know, I am a writer.  And, as such, I have many character (and concepts) and plots and scenes constantly bouncing around in my head, fueled by music, chocolate, and Dr. Pepper.
I've been thinking about my characters a lot lately, and I figured, hey, why not introduce you to some of them?  (This is also a good way to keep me sane and thinking straight through the end of the term and all the fun finals and papers and stuffs)

It's something new to try, and I'll aim for at least one character a week, maybe more depending on how things (aka life) go.

A lot of these characters are recent creations for roleplaying games I've been a part of, but a couple of them (like Alonia) have morphed into something more, and have insisted they star in their own short story/novel.

They all have a life of their own.  I'm just here to tell it.



List!
- Alonia Mathar (Flying with Horus and the Cthulhu (Lovecraft) universe)
- Rita Parker (Necessary Evil)
- Serimel (Dark Planes and The Horror Facing Sugrand)
- Diana Wyte (Shattered Earth)
- The Aprils (there are 3 of them):  April Derben (The Balance), April Zeeling (Shadow's Dawn), and April Cossak (Requiem's Awakening)
 - Kalec (Pillars of Eternity (female) and The Hero of Time (male))
- Mr. Wyton (Magical Botany)
- Dr. Vladsnik (How Dr. Vladsnik Got His New Assisstant)
- Vetra (Under the Dust)

This isn't really an extensive list, but all of them (with the exception of April Cossak) have been created in the time I've been in college, and all of them have played a part, however big or small, in shaping my style as a writer, and me as a person.

3 comments: