So, I made a resolution to post on this blog at least
twice a month this year.
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah, that hasn’t worked out quite as well as
I had hoped. But hey, better late than
never, right? (HA)
Not much has been going on with our little family of
late. But here’s something of an update.
Mike
Still going to school, still working at the glass
shop. He likes the glass shop more,
though he’s enjoying his classes this semester (Rocket Science 101 and another
one I can’t remember). The other day, he
applied for one of his dream jobs: air
traffic controller. Keep your fingers
crossed that he gets the chance to take the test! Aside from looking for real world jobs, he’s
been looking into financial stuff, such as investing, as he’s discovered some
interesting things. He’s also a good
Daddy: he reads to Catherine, plays with
her, and is the best at drying her off after bathtime.
Sam
I stay at home all day, taking care of Catherine. When she goes to sleep, I try to write,
though I usually get distracted… ^^;
I’ve made resolutions to get a book out to agents/publishers by the end
of the year, to lose weight (I gained back all my pregnancy weight… yeah, not
good), to gain a bigger internet presence (to help with getting published, but
yeah, not doing so well on that either), and to have our family cosplay for
Banzai in October finished well before October.
I’m not doing very well, but I’m at least keeping my Twitter up and
going (I post writing prompts there @pharaohsqueen89 every Monday). I’ve been reading a lot too, though spending
more time with Catherine. Being a mom is
REALLY hard (emotionally draining), but I do enjoy it most of the time.
Catherine
She’s 8 months old now!
She can sit up all by herself, and she loves to do that and play with
toys. Her favorites include balls, keys,
stuffed animals (mostly Buzz Lightyear), and anything she can put into her
mouth. Her favorite flavors are peas,
squash, fingers, technology, books, and everything but baby food fruit. She doesn’t crawl, but she rolls
everywhere. She’s very adept at angling
herself towards what she wants (usually something she shouldn’t have, like
cords) and then she just rolls, rolls, rolls over, grabs it, and puts it in her
mouth. She babbles, can blow
raspberries, and has the biggest smile ever—which perfectly shows off her two
bottom teeth. She loves the mornings,
and is a people-person; she’ll smile at anybody after being around them for a
couple of minutes (which is fantastic—I hope it means she won’t have bad, if
any, stranger anxiety). Wherever we go,
random strangers will approach us and tell me how beautiful she is—which then
makes me puff up like a proud mama bird. :) She also loves baths, and when Daddy reads
her a bedtime story.
Jarvis’
We love watching movies together as a family. So far, we’ve watched all of Avatar: the Last Airbender, Star Wars (the Original
Trilogy), MIB, most of the classical Disney films, and now we’re starting the
Star Trek movies—Mike’s trying to turn me into a Trekkie, and it’s working… We like to travel down to visit mine and
Mike’s families, who live 20 minutes away from each other, and two hours away
from us. When the weather’s warm, and
every Sunday, we go on walks; and it’s awesome when we get one of our rare
visits from friends or family. We’re
waiting to see where we’ll end up once Mike gets a job, and we’re looking
forward to the future!
And I WILL get more posts up. I WILL.
No comments:
Post a Comment