Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Update on Life

oh hai thar internet.  long time, no blog.
>.>

Update time!

Mike
Started the Aerospace Engineering Master's program at Utah State.  He's liking his classes, but not really enjoying being back in school, haha.  He's been having a blast being a TA for an Instrumentation class/lab--he gets to play with fun things and get his hands dirty.  Also, grading papers is not fun.  Someone needs to teach this boy to speed read.  <3  Also, his birthday is next month.  :D

Sam
I'm catching up on nine+ years of lost sleep from high school and beyond.  No job currently, tho I did just apply to be a cashier at the dollar store...  don't judge me; I'm desperate to be doing something.  I've been reading lots and going to the library lots--it's HUGE, laid out funny, and they have internet.  I haven't been writing as much as I want/need to (SHAME), but I've started cross stitching a bit again.

Us
Since Mike is now going to USU, we moved up to Logan, UT.  There's been quite a bit of snow and it's FREEZING up here.  I'm pretty sure my body temperature has dropped and I'll be unable to stand anything above 70 degrees...  We moved into a big 2 bedroom apartment that's part of a little four-plex right next to campus.  Mike has to walk up the Hill of DOOM to get to campus, but it's not too bad.
Now for the biggest news:  we are expecting our first child!  I'm 23 weeks along, and due June 5th.  We had the first ultrasound last week (hard to get it at 20 when in the middle of moving...), and everything has turned out fine; baby is nice and healthy.  :)  During the ultrasound, it kept it's hands in front of it's face most of the time, making it look shy.  It has a fondness for tap dancing on my innards at 2 in the morning.  We haven't found out the gender, and aren't going to find out until it's born (maybe I'll post a small rant about that later...)

Anyways, that's life as it is so far!

1 comment: