It's the start of our 3rd-to-last week here in the Northeast! Time has flown by pretty quickly. Here's an update about us:
Michael:
Michael's still enjoying his internship. He comes home smiling everyday and is excited to tell me all about the new things he learned or new program he wrote. He loves taking walks everyday we can (when it's not boiling or raining). He had a great time at the New England Air Museum--he was drooling almost the whole time! :) He's at the point now where he's ready to head back to Utah (no more humidity!), but he's not that excited to go back to school! He just has one semester left, and is graduating in Dec. with a BS in Mechanical Engineering. He's planning to get his Master's, but we haven't planned any further than that!
Sam:
I've been sewing a lot these past couple of weeks, and managed to almost finish my skirt for my next cosplay. It's layered and fluffy and... pink. All I have left to do on it is hand stitch a bunch of pink bows all over it, then I'll be done! The next piece I have to work on is my corset... and I'm kinda nervous about that. I recently won a drawing at the local library, and walked away with a package of SHINY bookplates and 3 brand new books, one of which isn't even available to the public yet! ^_^
Us:
We're both rather ready to get back to Utah and the mountains. We miss the mountains, and the not-humid air, and our family and friends. We do really like the ward we've been in though--everybody here is so nice and so sad that we're going to be leaving at the end of the summer. Maybe we'll come back. Who knows?
It's just started raining again. It smells very nice. ^^
Oh yes, I love love love the smell of Connecticut summer rain showers. I am glad things are going to well. I look forward to seeing your skirt, bowed and all. :D
ReplyDelete-Eleesa